When you taste this smoothie, the first note of maple hits your taste buds with a hint of crisp bitter/sweet granny smith apple. What makes this drink amazing is the nutritional benefits your body will receive and thank you for now and many years to come.
One of the top benefits is from the substantial leafy kale. I knew four years ago that kale was one of the healthiest vegetables your body can consume but did not add to my diet until the past four months. You are probably wondering why I waited four years to do so. Here is the honest answer; I had to find the kale that appealed to my taste buds. My favorite and the most popular kale is Curly kale. The texture and the taste are mild compared to some others I have tried. You can easily consume kale by eating it raw.
You are now going down the garden path of internal healing of the body. Here are my top four benefits of eating kale.
1. This food is one the densest foods you can eat in your diet. Your body will absorb the highest level nutrition. Here are the following vitamins in kale: A, K, C and B6.
2. Kale has powerful antioxidants that will help your fight off disease such as cancer.
3. Kale lowers the chance of heart disease and cholesterol.
4. Kale will provide your body with minerals that most people do not add to their daily diets. Here are the following minerals: calcium, magnesium, potassium, copper, and manganese.
So are you ready to gain minerals and not pounds? All you have to do is grab a handful of kale and drop in your blender. This super food has only 33 little calories in just one cup.
- 1 green apple
- 1 cup kale
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 5 unsweetened almond milk ice cubes
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Place all the above ingredients in your high speed blender.
- Pour into a fun glass and gulp!