This smoothie was created during the time I was not feeling well and needed a boost to my immune system. Blueberries are loaded with whole body antioxidants, so this will help with supporting the entire body. We all need a little boost to guide us and make us feel well again. I like the idea of chia seed naturally adding protein and fiber to the smoothie. After drinking this smoothie, I feel physically better and energized. Please let me know how you think of this smoothie and leave a comment.
- 1 cup of spinach
- ½ cup frozen blueberries
- ½ cup frozen cherries ( If you are not able to find frozen cherries, substitute for frozen strawberries)
- 1 banana sliced
- ½ cup skim milk
- 1 tsp of chia or golden flax seed
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and enjoy.
- If you like your smoothie thick, go ahead and add 1-2 ice cubes.
- Go ahead and add any dairy or plant based milk of your choice and have fun experimenting!