I was out running errands the other day and had to do some grocery shopping at my local market. To my surprise, I was surrounded by pumpkin mania times 10. I was blinded by the light from orange and yellow hues shining off the pumpkin packages. To my surprise, I found the following pumpkin flavored products – granola, biscotti, chocolate’s, Greek yogurt, kettle corn, cookies, cereal, ice cream, corn chips, chai, English muffins, peanuts, cookie chips, and last but not least bagels. I have to admit honestly; I now had a hankering for pumpkin spice!
I couldn’t stand the thought of buying processed and high sugar pumpkin products that will stay in my system for days. When I arrived home, I created a healthy and pumpkin spiced smoothie. Just by adding the maple syrup and cinnamon, I realized my craving was satisfied. Here are some reasons why you should try this smoothie:
1. Pumpkin is packaged in a can, so you store this year round in your pantry.
2. Blueberries are found in the freezer section of your market and can be purchased year round.
3. Banana’s are an inexpensive fruit you can buy at any market and freeze.
4. The flavor and texture will have you craving more the next day for a healthy treat!
– 1/2 cup pumpkin
– 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
– 2 tablespoons maple syrup
– 1 frozen banana
– 2 teaspoons cinnamon
Mix all ingredients in blender and enjoy. Yummy!