I remember when I was a child, and I would purchase an orange creamsicle pop on a stick from the ice cream truck. And I thought this is pure ice cream bliss. Just to let you know, Orange Cream Breakfast Smoothie tastes just like it but has no dairy or sugar added. You don’t have to feel guilty or worry about gaining unwanted extra pounds. This smoothie was the easiest to make and has so much flavor to wake up your palette. I had the idea of creating a short and sweet drink, because sometimes in the morning, are brains are not fully functioning. Yikes!
I know personally, I have those days from time to time. Another factor to consider the amount of time we have to make a healthy breakfast. Why not make this three ingredient beverage for breakfast today? The only ingredient you have to prepare ahead of time is the almond milk ice cubes. Here are the simple four steps to make plant based ice cubes. The cube freeze time is about two hours or so. Are you ready?
1. Fill empty ice cube tray full of a plant-based milk of your choice. I prefer the Silk or Califia brand that is unsweetened.
2. Place your freezer tray on a level shelf.
3. Here is a personal suggestion to go ahead and make extra cubes for future smoothies, so you have them conveniently ready to go.
4. Store your extra cubes in a plastic container or plastic freezer storage bag. That is it!
I was so delighted how thick and creamy the consistency was when I poured my drink in the glass. I seriously think this drink has a natural hint of sweetness from the juicy orange. Oranges are available year round at your local grocery store. Also, I added a splash of color and light sweetness to the drink by adding blueberries.
- 2 small orange peeled
- 5 almond milk ice cubes
- 1 tablespoon blueberries
- Add all of the ingredients in a high speed blender.
- Pour in your favorite glass and enjoy.
- If needed, add some liquid such as water or plant based milk.