The warm days of summer are finally here, and I thought I would come up with a smoothie that will help cool you down and help detox the body. The ingredients in this smoothie are well balanced to help flush unwanted toxins and water out of the body. With the berry season almost here, have no fear. You can make this smoothie any time of year and purchase your mixed berries in the freezer section of your grocery store.
Here is a list of five reasons why you should make this smoothie today-
1. So creamy, thick and refreshing on a warm summer day.
2. The cantaloupe will help keep you hydrated because it is mostly made up of water.
3. The combination of refreshing cucumbers and blueberries fill you up without feeling bloated.
4. The banana is a delightful sweet component that helps thicken the smoothie naturally.
5. This smoothie is quick and easy to make in just eight minutes flat.
1/2 cup water
1 cup or handful spinach
1/2 cup frozen mixed berries
1/2 of a banana
1/2 cucumber peeled
1/2 cup cantaloupe cut into cubes
five unsweetened almond milk ice cubes
1.) Add the water and spinach and blend until smooth.
2.) Add the remaining ingredients and blend together until smooth.
3.) Pour into a glass and add a straw to taste all the cool goodness.
If you happen to have only one berry fruit on hand, add 1 cup of fruit and adjust if needed.