Now that summer is still in full force, I crave ice cream to cool down when the temperature is on the rise. But, I don’t eat dairy ice cream, so my choices in the grocer’s freezer are very limited. Also, have you checked out the sugar content in some of the vegan brands? I do agree the flavor’s of most of the vegan ice creams have the majority of the dairy flavor and the smooth consistency. If you are like me, I want to watch my sugar intake and still have a satisfying creamy cold dessert. Also, when you make your smoothie, you save money and gain tremendous health benefits. I can satisfy my craving with craving when making this smoothie. We don’t have any strict rules about how thick you want to make your dessert, so if you want more of an ice cream consistency add more frozen fruit or ice.
Here are some fantastic reasons why your should make this smoothie today!
1. Bananas are so darn good for they will heal to body for the following ailments, high blood pressure, could improve kidney healthy, and high in antioxidants to reduce the risk of some diseases.
2. The smoothie tastes like a lavish piece of cake without the any of the guilt and high fat.
3. This smoothie is so easy to make in just 10 minutes.
I enjoyed this smoothie so much; I had the joy of making it for my daughter, who is visiting me from California. I know she relished every drop because she drank the whole drink in minutes! I also get tremendous satisfaction from creating food recipes like this one and sharing with all of you in the world.
“If you want to find secrets of the universe, think in terms of energy, frequency, and vibration.”
Nikola Tesla; Inventor and physicist
INGREDIENTS FOR SMOOTHIE
1 frozen banana sliced
1 tbs coffee
1 slice avocado
1/4 cup plant-based milk
1 tbs soy vanilla creamer
- Add all ingredients except coconut to your high speed blender
- Pour into your favorite glass
Carmel Butter Topping
1 tbs peanut butter
1 tbs maple syrup
2 tbs plant based milk
1 dash sea salt
small squeeze of lemon
- Add all the above ingredients in a bowl and blend with a whisk until smooth.
- Pour on top of smoothie and blend with a spoon.
VANILLA CAKE CRUMBLE
1/4 cup walnuts
1 medjool date
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp coconut flakes
- Add all ingredients to a food processor until finely chopped.
- Add to your smoothie and mix with a spoon or straw.